Reinforcing Steel Detailer / Estimator
Our partners New Zealand Skills In Demand is a UK based, Kiwi owned and operated, resourcing company lining up great UK employees with New Zealand companies.
Their client is looking for Reinforcing Steel Detailer / Estimator.
Purpose of the position
To read plans, supplied by our customers, interpret and measure reinforcing steel & mesh requirements for pricing and subsequent detailing, to meet customers architectural and engineering requirements and, enable accurate production in factory, ready for dispatch to site.
Key responsibilities & duties
- Accurate measuring of reinforcing steel and mesh from plans supplied.
- Correct detailing of reinforcing steel and mesh for production to meet relevant New Zealand Standards
- Keeping clear accurate records of reinforcing steel supplied each month to enable correct invoicing.
- Effective Project Management experience
Work experience and skills
- Extensive experience reading complex Commercial, Architectural, Engineering and construction plans.
- Ability to communicate complex situations by phone, email and face to face to enable accurate detailing & production to meet relevant New Zealand Standards.
Academic or trade qualifications
Construction, Building Design, Quantity Surveying or Structural Engineering qualification.